The MCA, which stands for Malta Communications Authority has recently carried out a local survey to get a grip on today’s e-commerce trends. We’re going to strip this down and deliver essential details for the business owner.
Who was interviewed?
- Total of 772 consumers in Malta & Gozo interviewed
- Age Groups from 18 to 65+
- Both Male & Female Genders
- Data Collected in the Months of August and September 2020
What were the key outcomes?
- All Age Groups are lenient towards shopping online, but the younger generations are the most potential e-commerce clients
- The vast majority (77%) carried out a purchase in the last 3 months
- Competitive Pricing and Free Delivery are highly sought for
- Significant increase in the number of digital buyers purchasing from local sites
- Local sites now offer an equal level of satisfaction as foreign sites
Where’s the real game changer?
Online shopping is increasing rapidly in Malta and has already become a part of our lifestyle, however that’s no real surprise. The beauty behind what is going on is that locals are enjoying satisfaction from buying through local websites and they are appreciating the fact that business owners in Malta are stepping up the game to level up with major offshore websites.
How do we help?
We’re a privately established business focused on building clean and intuitive online shops and with vast experience in both retail and food sectors. Drop us a message today to find out how we can give you a kickstart with a stunning e-commerce website.
Those who wish to view the entire report and further understand the potentials behind e-commerce websites in Malta may proceed to the full Survey Report by clicking here.